Another month has passed and I read way too many books. I read a total of 14 books in February, one more than in January. Personally, anything over eight is great for me (meaning two books a week). As you can see by my selection, I’m trying to get caught up with two historical mystery series: The Gaslight Mysteries and Her Royal Spyness.
Unlike last month, most of the books I read this month were good but not great. I had no books for five stars and only one for one stars. However, I will still be breaking up my books into the amount of stars I rated each on Goodreads.
• China Days: A Visual Journal from China’s Wild West by Henrik Drescher (released Oct. 2014) (hideous art, btw!)
• The Cruel Prince (The Folk in the Air #1) by Holly Black (my review) (released Jan. 2018)
• The Mitford Murders (Mitford Murders #1) by Jessica Fellowes (my review) (released Jan. 2018…or Sep. 2017)
• Murder on Waverly Place (Gaslight Mystery #11) by Victoria Thompson (released June 2009
• Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery #12) by Victoria Thompson (released June 2010)
• Murder on Sister’s Row (Gaslight Mystery #13) by Victoria Thompson (released June 2011)
• Tregaron’s Daughter by Madeleine Brent (released 1971)
• Queen of Hearts (Her Royal Spyness #8) by Rhys Bowen (released August, 2014)
• Malice in the Palace (Her Royal Spyness #9) by Rhys Bowen (released August, 2015)
• Crowned and Dangerous (Her Royal Spyness #10) by Rhys Bowen (released Aug. 2016)
• The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (my review) (released 1947)
• China: Land of the Emperor’s Great Wall (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #31) by Mary Pope Osborne (released Dec. 2014)
• Murder and Marble Cake (Comfort Cakes Cozy Mysteries #1) by Nancy McGovern (released Jan. 2018)
• The English Wife by Lauren Willig (my review) (released Jan. 2018)
So, there you have it. It is the last day of February and I’m already over a quarter of the way to my goal on Goodreads of reading one hundred and two books this year!
Best wishes in your life full of adventure,